VIA UBER PRESS RELEASE –
Hyderabad, your uberMOTO is arriving on January 30th! uberMOTO gives riders an affordable and convenient motorcycle ride at the push of a button, through the Uber app. Riders receive driver and bike details just as they do for other Uber rides, as well as all standard safety features before, during and after the ride including requisite insurance coverage which covers the riders, GPS tracking, two-way feedback and the ability to share trip details with family and friends.
How uberMOTO works:
- Download the Uber app for iOS or Android and create an Uber account – Existing users can update their app to see the new product.
- Select uberMOTO in the app, enter the pickup location and payment method, and request a ride; receive driver details — name, photo and details of the motorbike.
- uberMOTO drivers will have one helmet for the rider, and all riders and drivers must wear a helmet, as per the law.
- At the end of the trip, pay by cash, credit/debit card or mobile wallet and receive an electronic receipt via the Uber app.
uberMOTO will go live in Hyderabad during the second half of Monday i.e. January 30, 2017 and will be one of the most affordable transportation options in the city, with fares as low as Rs.25 for the first 3 kms and Rs.5 per km thereafter, rounded up to the nearest km. Time charges won’t be applicable on uberMOTO.
NEW TO UBER?
Note: uberMOTO will be available from 8 AM to 10 PM everyday in parts of Kondapur, Hitech City, Madhapur, Gachibowli. We will endeavour to expand coverage across the city.
PROTIP: Requests starting and trips ending within this geography will be able to avail Moto services.
- Interested in signing up as an Uber Moto Driver-Partner, signup here
- If you would like to avail of Moto services in your areas, please drop a note here
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- New User free rides on MOTO will be applicable till March 31, 2017
- Valid for MOTO rides in Hyderabad only
- Rider is entitled to a maximum discount of Rs 35 per ride during the first 2 free rides
- Uber reserves the right to refuse discounts if found that the rides were taken fraudulently