- Vitara Brezza remained the undisputed king of the segment despite it not having petrol engine on offer is holding on to its numbers, it is even growing incrementally. This March it grew by 8% from 13147 units in March-2018 to 14181 units.
- Tata Nexon is holding good despite the new entries like Mahindra XUV300 and updated Ecosport, infact its sales grew further owing to its 5 star safety rating in global NCAP tests. By a sales uptick of 27%, Nexon is the biggest gainer in the segment.
- New entrant in the segment Mahindra XUV300 got a good response from the market but it can be challenged by upcoming Hyundai Venue.
- Ecosport sales declined by 21% despite the update owing to competition from XUV300.
- Honda WRV is bound to decline further with the introduction of Hyundai Venue. This march it declined by 42%.
- Mahindra TUV300 is the only ladder-frame SUV in the segment, it declined by a whopping 65%.
- Overall segment grew by 6% from 30685 units to 32519 units. The segment is bound to expand further with the entry of Hyundai Venue.