Reverse Trikes are three wheeled vehicles with two wheels in the front and one in the rear. This design is used in the modern three wheeled vehicles due to its increased stability & fun factor compared to single front wheel designs.
Orxa Energies is founded by Prajwal Sabnis and Vinayak Bhat in August 2015 and their first product is Mantis. The company is based out of Bangalore. They are currently in proof of concept stage and therefore exact details about the battery capacity and motor specifications of production vehicle are not known yet. Meanwhile, enjoy the prototype and explainer videos:
My thoughts about hardware startups:
I always used to wonder why there were very few hardware startups in India compared to the number of software startups. It can be because of various reasons, few reasons that occurred to me are:
- Capital: Hardware startups require more seed capital compared to software startups.
- Availability of People: There are many engineers who are interested to work on software startups whereas in case of hardware startups the number is comparatively very low.
- Availability & Accessibility of required resources: For software startups, resources like computer, internet & programming languages(like java, c, c++ …etc ) are easily available & accessible over internet or at college labs. For hardware startups, resources like machines, materials & software(like CAD, CAM & FEA …etc) are comparatively less available & accessible and are costlier to access.
- Traction: Gaining traction for hardware startups is tougher compared to software startups.
- Distribution: Software products and services can be easily distributed to the end user through internet whereas the hardware startups require physical infrastructure to distribute their products and services.
And there can be many other reasons.
Let me know your thoughts about hardware startups in the comments section below.